Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Sunshine Family of Doom!


Mattel's Sunshine Family toys were the first playthings I remember hating, it was almost instant. I always thought it had to do with their sacharine soaked appearance but when I was doing some scans for an upcoming feature, it dawned on me....

The Sunshine family is a cult! Look at those huge, glazed eyes, the hollow smiles almost carved on their faces. These dolls were selling flowers and cruising the college campuses in Megoville and nobody was the wiser. Well, I'm on to you "Reverend Steffie" and I plan to bring you down!

This theory also explains the "Sunshine Family Compound" playset........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you notice the part that reads "Idea book suggests prejects made with household materials" You know they're referring to pipe bombs, LSD, and other counterculture items-- all part of their heinous plot to terrorize Megoville!!

Popessa said...

I LOVED my Sunshine Family set and the house that came with it. I also had the Grandparents. I felt so WHOLESOME as I created my milk carton couches and chairs for them.

Cookie said...

With their "Granola Family" look, the accessories the booklet helped you make from household items could well have been bong carved from potatoes or apples?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin