Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Big Jim Means Big Adventure

Big Jim Sports Equipment

I don't collect it now but man the Big Jim Camper pictured on this page just rocked my world back in '74. I remember drooling over that boat and buggy set. Early Big Jim is just so representative of the early 70s, you can't get more peaceful than a guy who goes fishing. I still have my talking Big Jim backpack and it works, I should try and put some files of it up here.


Oddly enough, I saw a boxed Camper at an antique mall on the weekend, my four year old practically begged me for it. Big Jim has still got it I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess i musta been 5 years old, but i definetely had the rescue rig and the camper, man those were awesome toys! dusty abell

Anonymous said...

I finally found a Camper in Australia and bought it yesterday Yay. So, did your son get one too? I sure hope so! Cheers ;)

Anonymous said...

I had one of these. I used to spend hours with it parked under our air conditioners condensation drain, letting it flood the camper. The Earthquake, Towering Inferno and Flood movies were big then.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin