Friday, November 30, 2007

Evel Knievel RIP



CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose exploits made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

Knievel’s death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

RIP Evel.

7 comments:

LeBlanc said...

I actually had this as a kid!

Arkonbey said...

I had that as well. one of my favs.

I can remember going to see Viva Knievel at the drive in and running around with my friend all night with our hands on imaginary handlebars making motorcycle noises.

Viva Knievel!

Swinebread said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swinebread said...

I had this one two X-mas 1975 I think.

hey Plaid I used a pic of yours on my blog, hope that's OK

Monica said...

I HAVE mine still, well it was my brothers and now I have it!!! I have Derry Daring too!

Unknown said...

He will be missed!

Anonymous said...

I had the female version of this toy... I don't remember what her name was, but it was exactly the same except the rider was a blonde woman in a hot-pink pant-suit and helmet. We used to send her flying off of the top of stairs, the garage roof, you name it... we weren't happy unless she was crashing, with a piece of the bike flying off! Great fun :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin